Freddie Mac developed CreditSmart®, a multilingual financial education curriculum and consumer outreach initiative designed to help consumers build and maintain better credit, make sound financial decisions, and understand the steps to sustainable homeownership.
CreditSmart® increases consumers’ financial understanding by teaching life-long money management skills and showing consumers how to avoid foreclosure and keep their home.
What CreditSmart® is About
- The 6-week class teaches the basics of credit, explaining what it is, how to use it, and how to rebuild it.
- Transitional Housing Clients take CreditSmart® and set goals to increase credit, savings, and income while decreasing debt to eventually have a sound financial footprint.
- Dinner and childcare are both provided.
- Books and tuition are free.
- Classes are offered 3-4 times a year.
In addition, Herndon-Reston FISH and Reston Interfaith both offer free classes and one time workshop classes.
Questions about our Financial Literacy services? Contact us by email or call 571-323-9555.